Yeah, yeah, there is a new name for the Android Market now, Google Play. For those of you who are just dying to see what the name change and new logo looks like on your phone, don’t go downloading any silly apk file. You can do it directly from within your phone in about 30 seconds flat.
- Go in to Settings and then Apps.
- Look for Market under the “All” tab and press clear data.
- Now open the newly updated Play Music app (Google Music).
- Hit that little Market icon in the bottom tray.
- Confirm Google Play upgrade.
There, now you have the new Google Play app on your phone and now you won’t have to wait for that pending update that is right around the corner.