For those of you Droid 2 Global owners, you should start to be on the look out for a new software update in the near future. The upcoming build number will be 4.5.629 and should bring some welcomed improvements. Some of the listed fixes are:
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- A Google Security Patch has been added to improve security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
Email, Messaging & Data
- improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Applications & Widgets
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropriate.
The update is going to be 19.4MB in size and should be rolling out soon, if not now. I just checked my girlfriends DROID 2 Global and nothing was available yet so you may have to wait a bit before you can update. Be a pal and let us know in the comments when you see something, will ya?