A few months ago Panasonic made it clear they wanted to sell smartphones outside of Japan, and shortly after, a water/dust proof device was revealed for this spring. Panasonic just made it official with the unveiling of the Eluga (pictured above) for Europe.
Panasonic also just announced the P-04D for NTT DoCoMo and 102P for Softbank which are both the same device as the Eluga, but is also the same device as the P-05D Disney Phone for NTT DoCoMo we showed you a couple of weeks ago. The only difference (other than colors) we know of is the Eluga gets NFC while the Japanese models get the Felica chip. All models should be available in March.
The big news is they’re going to be only 7.8mm thick and weigh 103 grams. To achieve this, Panasonic is putting in a 1150mAh battery, which is pretty small based on today’s standards.
Hit the break for a pic of the P-04D and full specs
- Android 2.3.5
- 1GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4430 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB storage
- Size: 123 × 62 × 7.8mm
- 103 grams
- 4.3-inch qHD (960 x 540) display
- 8.2MP Camera
- Front camera (unknown)
- W-CDMA / GSM / HSPA+/GPRS
- WiFi 802.11 b / g / n Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- microSD (Max 32GB), microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack
- 1150mAh non-removable battery
- Other Waterproof: (IPX5/IPX7), dust (IP5X)
- Tethering support (up to 5)
**Use of the microSD is, will be required “(sample) microSD card reader-writer” Cable included.