Alrighty, for those of you tired of typing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* you can now breath a sigh of relief as the official release of Froyo for the Motorola Droid is now here. Before you begin, please note:
- If you are running anything other than stock 2.1, you’ll get an error.
- If you attempt to apply this update with a custom ROM installed, the update will NOT apply.
- Download the file from Google
- Rename file to update.zip and place it on the root of your microSD card (root meaning not in any folders)
- Turn off your Droid
- Boot into recovery mode, by pressing Power + X
- As soon as the Triangle with an exclamation point appears, press Volume Up and camera button 1/2 way down at the same time
- With the directional pad, select “apply update.zip” and press the gold button.
- Reboot and enjoy your frosty Froyo