WSL Japan has just officially announced the Xvision an4 tablet and while the press release is in Japanese it appears that the device is gearing up for an April launch. If you haven’t heard of the company, don’t feel bad as most folks stateside haven’t. On the Asian continent though, they are known for their technology. There isn’t a price as of yet for this tablet but it boasts some decent features for being only 10mm (0.39 inches) thick. Here they are:
- 9.7-Inch 1024 x 768 resolution display
- 1GHz Amlogic 8726-M3 processor (Could be considered an A9 ARM Cortex with Mali 400 GPU equivalent),
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM,
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- WiFi & Bluetooth,
- Optional 3G and GPS,
- o.3MP front-facing camera
- 16 GB of internal storage.
It’s not cutting edge but it’s not bad. Look for some more news in the future regarding this tablet. While we will probably see better HD tablets debuted by April it’s not to say that this would make a decent budget tablet. Assuming the price is cheaper that is. Again stay tuned in the coming future to see what this tablet has in store!