No we’re not just looking for anybody with a keyboard, there are a few requirements:
- Must be able to contribute to the news on a regular basis. This means 3 or more posts per day. This is generally about an hour of time per day.
- Be proficient in the English language. Non-US residents are welcome to apply, as long as you have a firm grasp of the language.
- Must have the ability to summarize articles from other sources in your own words.
- Must have the ability to take some criticism. Your writing won’t appeal to everyone, that’s a fact. It shouldn’t bother you if somebody leaves a negative comment. Our editorial team is always there to support our authors!
- Remember, your application is your resume, please take time to proof read it before submitting.
- We will accept writers from anywhere in the World, but we’re primarily looking for writers in the U.K. and the U.S. Please let us know where you’re located in your application.
- Finally, it will definitely help if you have an Android device and a passion for anything Android-related wouldn’t hurt either.
To start, the Author position is volunteer based – at first. You start as a contributor, and you move to an author once your writing hits the point of being able to be released without much editing. This non-paid period generally lasts one to two weeks but could last longer depending on how fast you pick things up.. After that, as long as you are meeting the minimum requirement of articles, you’re in the money, literally!
Any and all articles you post to TalkAndroid become property of TalkAndroid and may not be posted anywhere else without prior authorization from our editorial team.
Interested candidates should Contact Us with NEWS AUTHOR in the subject line. Please include your full name, short bio on yourself & experience (or link to your resume), and we will contact you.
We look forward to your applications!
Editor In Chief