Remember Verizon’s very first 4G phone, the HTC Thunderbolt? Well, it looks like Big Red is ready to send out the latest update to the TBolt and will bring the device up to version 2.11.605.9. As usual, the update will be OTA and contains a new radio (1.48.00.0930w_3, 0.01.78.0916w_3) as well as a few fixes that you will see below.
- Resolved issue with contact ringtones.
- Improvements to notification volume.
- Updated local streaming playback mechanism when network connection is not available.
Apps & Widgets
- Updated Twitter API for Peep/FriendStream.
- Clock app included in All App list.
- Improvements in Exchange ActiveSync.
We’re not too sure when Verizon will start to roll this puppy out, but you should see a notification when she’s ready. You can also do the manual check thing by pressing Menu-> Settings-> Software Update-> Check New. Be a pal and let us know when you see it pop up, k?
[via Verizon Support]