If you are into Augmented Reality apps, you need to checkout NBA: King of the Court. You basically search for virtual courts in your neighborhood through the augmented reality browser camera. If you are familiar with Foursquare’s Mayor rating, you will like this because you can become King of the Court if you achieve the highest score of any particular virtual court. The app is classified as freeium, which means its free to play, but it could cost you another $1.99 for more powers, like faster rebound rates.
- Real world locations become the battleground for basketball court supremacy (location based)
- Search for local courts and challengers in your area through an “Augmented Reality” browser camera view
- Outscore your opponents in an addictive, time based shooting contest to become the “King of the Court”
- Customize and defend your courts with awesome power-ups to both fortify and show off your kingdom
- Compete in weekly contests to gain additional rewards and badges.
- Find special courts that give bonuses to their king
- Track your scores against would be challengers with global and local leader-boards
- Challenge – and brag – to your friends using both in-game and Facebook messaging
- Hone your shot to unlock Achievements to add to your Honor Roll
- Customize – Show off your courts and team pride with skins of your favorite NBA teams!
- Collect royalties when players shoot at your courts
- Unlock cool Power-Ups which boost your game in unique ways:
- Offensive – Trigger auto dunks and hyper shots for instant points (i.e. Alley Oops, Slam Dunk, etc)
- Defensive – Crank up the “D” with effects that fortify your courts against would be challengers (i.e. Lockdown, Double Team, etc)
- Game Changers – Rack up your score by maxing your shot distance or unlocking extra shooting rounds