The final U.S. carrier to debut the Samsung Galaxy S II is T-Mobile which will take place on October 12, but thankfully, a review unit landed on my doorstep, so we can give you a quick preview. The big difference with the T-Mobile version is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.5GHz dual-core processor for T-Mobile AWS compatibility, as opposed to the Exynos 1.2GHz CPU. There is a lot of concern that performance will suffer, but my initial thought is worrying is a waste of time because it appears to be very snappy.
- 4.52-inch (800 x 480) Super AMOLED plus display
- 1.5GHz dual-code Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8MP camera with 1080p recording, 2MP front facing
- 16GB internal storage, up to 32GB via microSD card
- 1850mAH battery
- 0.37x 5.11 x 2.71 inches; 4.77 ounces
- HSPA+ 42Mbps support
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 802.11 b/g/n Wifi, with Wifi Direct
- Touchwiz 4
- Android 2.3.5
I will post a full review after I spend more time with it, but for now, take a look at the initial hands on video after the break.