Good news to all you Droid X2 owners! Looks like Verizon wants to give you a nice little update bringing you Android 2.3.4 with promises of fixing that annoying lock-up/restart problem when using the keyboard. The Verizon Moto Droid X2 support page has been updated (screenshot above) and the upcoming Build # is 1.2.380.MB870. The update is a healthy 55MB and no word on when Big Red will actually begin pushing it out but, rest assured, we will let you know as soon as it does. You can expect new features such as:
- Keyboard remains visible during text input.
- Input characters are properly displayed during text entry.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset when using the keyboard.
- Charging indicator will display only when the device is plugged into a charger.
- Home key functions correctly while the device is in the desktop cradle.
- Successfully use the camera after unlocking the device.
- Video quality has been improved for video recording and playback.
- Mobile Hotspot password can now exceed 63 characters.
- Improvement to the device stability limits resets and lockups.
- The Magic Smoke live wallpaper animation now works properly.
- Enjoy improved audio when streaming music.
Applications & Widgets
- When playing MP3s through the Music App, songs will not skip.
- Avoid YouTube video lockup while viewing.
- Desktop cradle application starts correctly.
- No longer receive an error message when purchasing the Let’s Golf App.
Keep a look out for an OTA update. If you are less patient than that you could always try and force the update by frequently checking under Menu>Settings>About Phone> System update. If you have any luck, be a pal and let us know, okay?