If you’re the owner of a Samsung Captivate (SGH-i896, SGH-i897), and you love to flash, but fear the brick, fear not my comrades. AdamOutler, XDA Recognized Developer, has created a One-Click Unbricking tool for the Captivate that will save you from going through the painful task of unbricking your device after trying to flash without a JIG handy, thus giving you a bad taste in your mouth for further flashes.
This app is part of his Heimdall project, used for flashing Captivates, and will work on several OS’s. Here’s some of the features;
- Will work on all Samsung devices which use Odin
- Is a single, portable executable
- Is the first one-click anything for our devices on Linux
- Works on Mac
- Works on Windows
- Is open source
- Is programmed in JavaDeploys and installs Heimdall for your OS
- Is super easy to use…. Only one button!
So flash away Samsung Captivate owners, if you wish. Just always be sure to run a nandroid backup, Tibackup, and make sure you have this tool downloaded in case you need. If you have any issues or see any bugs, please report them to the developer here.
[via xda developers]