It’s been a bit of a let down so far this year for many Virgin Mobile customers using the Samsung Intercept, as they’ve been teased with Froyo flavored Androidness for the past 3 months. We heard back in January that Froyo was coming in “Spring 2011“, then we heard mid February that Virgin was releasing Froyo for the Intercept ‘about march 25th 2011‘, and finally, we are hearing that Virgin Mobile is alerting Intercept owners via text message that the update will in fact be available Monday April 11th 2011.
Froyo 2.2 enhancements include:
- Exchange Active Sync updates
- ability to install applications to external memory card
- improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice dialing
- improved operating system performance
- dedicated phone, application and browser icons on every home screen
So how do you Samsung Intercept owners feel about that? Do you think they may pull another fast one and postpone another couple of weeks? Hard to say whether to trust Virgin’s notification here, but one can always be hopeful. Something to note, the update may take a couple weeks to roll out to everybody OTA.
[via virgin mobile]