As it has done for the last couple of years, Google has announced the winners of the 2018 Play Awards shortly before I/O 2018 kicks off at 6 PM CET. The Google Play Award ceremony recognizes the standout apps and games across nine categories on the Play Store for their dedication to creating unique experiences. Without further ado, join us after the break to check out this years winners.
The winners are:
- Standout Well-being App: Simple Habit by Simple Habit Inc.
- Best Accessibility Experience: Be my Eyes by Be My Eyes
- Best Social Impact: Khan Academy by Khan Academy
- Standout Indie: Old Man’s Journey by Broken Rules
- Best Community Building Game: Episode by Pocket
- Best AR or VR Experience: BBC Earth: Life in VR by BBC
- Standout Build for Billions Experience: Flipkart by Flipkart
- Standout Startup: Canva by Canva
- Best Breakthrough hit: Empires & Puzzles by Small Giant
I’ve used the Canva app quite a bit since it launched, and found it to be feature-rich and handy, but which of this year’s winning apps and games is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to watch the live stream with us right here.