We are just two days away from when the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival kicks off at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California on April 13, and what better way is there to get ready is there than to use your Google Home. Mini, or Max to get up to speed on the festival’s line-up? Issuing the “Hey/OK Google, talk to Coachella” voice command will tell you everything you could want to know about the festival.
You can ask issue the following voice commands to find out the following information:
- Discover new artists: This new feature allows you to discover new artists playing the festival, and gives you exclusive playlists to get you up to speed with the 2018 lineup
- Create your festival schedule: Once the artists’ set times are announced, you’ll be able to ask the Google Assistant what time your favorite artists are playing, then add them straight to the Coachooser app
- Get answers to festival FAQs: You can get performance times, travel info, what’s allowed into the festival and all that jazz
- Get the backstage experience: Whether you’re tuning in at home or in person at Coachella, you can listen to backstage interviews with some of your favorite artists once the festival begins
- Test your Coachella knowledge: Play trivia to test your knowledge of memorable Coachella moments and performances, and get excited for what may happen this year
Google has a surprise up its sleeve in the form of the legendary Coachella Ferris wheel that has some of its gondolas turned into Pixel photo booths so you can take awesome selfies with the festival in the background scenery. If you can’t make it to Coachella in person this year, you can also tune in to YouTube to watch the live-stream of the show’s performances that includes Beyoncé, The Weeknd, ODESZA, Kygo, alt-J, and many others. And if you catch the show via the VR180 live stream, you can even view selected performances using Google Cardboard and Daydream View.