Since the launch of the OnePlus 5 in June, OnePlus has done a sterling job of issuing software updates for the handsets, as shown by the speed in which the company pushed out an update to fix the bug that caused some handsets to reboot when dialing 911. Today’s OxygenOS 4.5.7 update for the OnePlus 5 includes OnePlus’ new Slate font, EIS for 4K video recording, plus bug fixes and optimizations.
New Additions & Updates:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4K video recording
- Updated Android security patch to 1st July 2017
- Updated to latest GMS package
Optimizations & Bug Fixes:
- WiFi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed missing sound channels when recording videos
The OxygenOS 4.5.7 update for the OnePlus 5 rolling out incrementally via OTA before e. While OnePlus haven’t really much of a big deal about it, the addition of EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) should really help with recording 4K video.
If you haven’t already received the update notification for the Oxygen 4.5.7 OTA, you can navigate to Settings to check for it manually. If it still isn’t available, you can always head to the OnePlus forums to download the full ROM to flash manually although I’m sure you won’t have to wait too long until the update rolls out to your handset.