Love the speed of command lines, but hate to use them? Join the club as XDA Developer mmmark111 shows us that you don’t have to hate command lines to still use them effectively.
The app is called ROMTools, and you can get it at this thread. ROMTools will perform typical commands for you that you’d do manually through ADB (Android Debug Bridge). The most common commands have been entered in ROMTools, making the bottleneck NOT your weak typing skills. (kidding, i peck too.)
Here’s a list of the current commands available in ROMTools;
- Flash ROM – Place a ROM in the ‘ROM’ folder renamed rom.zip. Hit enter and the zip will get flashed to your phone automatically
- Flash Recovery – Will help you flash a recovery to your phone. For the Optimus V users, it will help you install all the needed drivers as well as obtain root privileges. Optimus T, S, and One phones will be able to flash a recovery.
- Wipe dalvik-cache – Self explanatory .
- Mount /system r/w – Allows read/write access to /system
- Push ROM to SD card – Self explanatory (pushes to root of sd)
- Push framework-res.apk – Pushes framework-res.apk to /framework, wipes dalvik-cache, and reboots the phone for you.
- Push bootanimation.zip – Will remove boot animation and replace with one of your choice. (removes from /data/local as well as /system/media)
- Reboot – Reboot
- Reboot into Recovery – Obv.
If you grab this and have any issue with it, please make sure you report any issues here in the comments, or at the application thread here.