With the likes of Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, as well as Smart Televisions with streaming channels built right in, there is no shortage of options for those who want a one-stop shop for all their media needs. Amazon has been a strong player in the field with the Fire TV OS and streaming box, and now they have teamed up with Seiki, Westinghouse and Element to offer a brand new lineup of Amazon Fire 4K TVs.
Join us after the break for the details.
Seiki, Westinghouse, and Element are no strangers to developing high quality 4K displays and TVs and with their new line of Amazon Fire TV-powered TVs, they are hoping to provide a powerful and seamless experience to rival their competitors.
There are four models in this new series with screen sizes at 43, 50, 55 and 65-inches and all models will sport 4K Ultra HD resolution at 3,840 by 2,160 pixels. Amazon Fire TV will be built right in and come with a voice-enabled remote with Alexa that allows for quick content searches. 3 GB of memory and 16 GB of internal storage will provide strong performance and generous space for all the streaming services you want to download to the TV.
Amazon Fire TV has access to more than 7,000 channels, games and apps as well as the complete libraries of over 300,000 movies and TV episodes from Amazon’s own Video service as well as HBO NOW, Hulu and others.
Amazon Prime members will continue to benefit from unlimited access to all eligible content at no extra cost and also have access to Amazon Channels for content from HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc as a “pay per channel” method.
These new TV models from Seiki, Westinghouse, and Element will be available later this year and while pricing has not yet been announced, we can expect those details closer to launch time. Full press release is included below.
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — (2017 CES) – Seiki (www.seiki.com), Westinghouse Electronics (westinghouseelectronics.com) and Element Electronics (www.elementelectronics.com), leading 4K Ultra HD display brands, today announced at CES 2017 a new line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition, featuring the Amazon Fire TV experience and support for a voice remote with Amazon Alexa. The new Fire TV Edition TVs simplify viewing for customers by delivering a great selection of streaming and over-the-air content in one place, including access to more than 7,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills and live TV broadcasts when used with a separate HD antenna. An on-screen programming guide makes finding what to watch easy, and with the included voice remote with Alexa, customers can use their voice to launch apps, search content, play music, control smart home devices and more.
Seiki and Westinghouse will demonstrate the new 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition for the first time in Las Vegas at CES 2017 Unveiled on Jan. 3.
“Smart TVs can be cumbersome and difficult to use,” said Sung Choi, vice president of marketing, Tongfang Global. “Our new line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition represent an elevated customer experience powered by the highest performance processors in the industry, a unique voice-controlled remote control, and Amazon‘s cinematic viewing experience. With Amazon Fire TV built in and a voice remote with Alexa, access to movies, videos, music, gaming, and more is simple, easy, and intuitive.”
“Teaming up with brands including Seiki, Westinghouse and Element on a new range of smart TVs allows Amazon to deliver an experience that’s familiar and easy to use,” said Marc Whitten, vice president, Amazon Fire TV. “Fire TV Edition offers access to a great selection of streaming and over-the-air TV and movies, Alexa for easy voice search and content control, and the many other features and experiences customers have come to expect from the best-selling line of Amazon Fire TV products.”
Key product highlights for all Seiki, Westinghouse and Element 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Fire TV Edition include:
- Sizes: 43″, 50″, 55″ and 65″
- 4K Ultra HD 3,840 by 2,160 panel resolution on all models
- The latest Amazon Fire TV user interface, including easy access to over-the-air TV programming (separate HD antenna required), simple TV input setup, and component switching
- Through the included voice remote with Alexa, customers can search for content and programming, control TV inputs and settings, and access Alexa skills to play music, get the news, check weather, sports scores, and more
- Voice remote with Alexa enabled control of smart home devices from multiple brands, including Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue, Wink, Insteon, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, TP-Link, Ecobee and more
- Access to more than 7,000 channels, games, apps and Alexa skills, including over 300,000 TV episodes and movies from Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu and more
- Amazon Prime customers get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost to their membership. Plus, with Amazon Channels, Prime members can now get HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, and over 100 more services. They only pay for the channels they want—no cable required, no additional apps to download, and easy online cancellation.
- 3 GB memory and 16 GB internal storage
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet connectivity
- Streaming resolution at 4K Ultra HD (2160p), 1080p, 720p up to 60 fps
- One-year limited warranty and great customer support
The Seiki, Westinghouse and Element 4K Ultra HD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition models will be available later this year on Amazon.com and at authorized retailers nationwide. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price will be announced closer to retail availability.