It was anything but a slow Tuesday in San Francisco. Google, one of the world’s most powerful technology companies, set itself on a path to be competitive in hardware after spending two decades investing in software. We saw everything from phones to routers debut with releases scheduled for this year.
Since there was a lot going on, we put together a video that recaps Google’s entire October 4 event.
Hit the break for the video.
These are our stories from the event:
- A phone made by Google: the Pixel
- Where to get the Google Pixel in the U.S.
- Google Home is here to take on the Amazon Echo
- Daydream View is Google’s upgraded VR experience
- Google reveals the Chromecast Ultra with 4K and HDR support
- You’ve bought more than 30 million Chromecast devices so far
- Google WiFi announced to enhance and simplify your home network
- Google now offering financing for Google Store purchases
We’ll have continuing coverage of everything Google announced moving forward. Expect to see unboxings, hands on videos, reviews, guides, and opinions on Talk Android soon.