For those of you in Australia looking to pick up a Google Nexus S when it becomes available on Vodafone, there’s some bad news. The Nexus S to be distributed in Australia will not have a Super AMOLED display, instead sporting a Super LCD display.
Vodafone announced earlier this week that it’d be carrying the Nexus S in 24 countries, though it hasn’t been determined whether other countries will have to settle for the downgraded Nexus S screen. However, the Super AMOLED version of the phone appeared on a Vodafone Germany preview site. Perhaps the situation will vary from country to country.
Despite the screen issue, Australian users will still enjoy the following features of the Google Nexus S:
- 4 inch touch screen
- 5.0 megapixel with HD Video recording (720p)
- Integrated Google services including:
- Search™, Talk™, Maps™ Gmail™ and YouTube™2
- Access to 100,000+ Android™ Market Apps
- Latest Google updates using Google update service
- Built-in GPS with Google Maps Navigation
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Wi-Fi, USB and Stereo Bluetooth connectivity
- Front-facing video call camera
- 16GB Internal Memory