Owners of the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet should be on the lookout for an update rolling out to their devices. NVIDIA has released an update to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the base version of the device. Owners of the LTE-enabled SHIELD Tablet will have to continue to wait.
This release comes about one month after NVIDIA issued a similar update for the higher end SHIELD Tablet K1. The changelog is pretty much the same and includes items like support for the Vulkan API graphics framework, repositioning the navigation buttons in landscape mode, double-tapping the power button to launch the camera, and better control over the do not disturb feature.
NVIDIA also included the following items in this update:
- Support for Android Doze mode and additional power optimizations
- USB MIDI support
- New memory compression enhancements
- Improve Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep
- A fix for Compass functionality
- A fix for Gamepad Mapper issues
- Fixes for issues with moving apps to the SD card
- A fix for a Doom 3 HDMI output issue
- Repositioning of the Lasso Capture icons when in landscape mode
- March 2016 Android security patches
- General stability and security enhancements