The Nexus Player is getting the Developer Previews a bit after the rest. Just yesterday, the second version of the Android N Developer Preview became available for the Nexus Player.
The second Android N Developer Preview is now available for the big screen. The Nexus Player “fugu” build NPC91O fixes a ton of bugs and adds a few touches to the interface. Support and release notes can be seen at this link.
The announcement was made by Ian Lake, a developer at Google who posted on his Google+ page. According to Lake, the update still contains some major issues you should be aware of. Here’s the list, which is specific to just the Nexus Player:
- Playback of Netflix HD content may fail on Nexus Player.
- Any application that relies on dynamic video resolution changes may fail on Nexus Player.
- Any application that use the VP9 video codec may fail on Nexus Player.
- Vulkan: SPIR-V shaders may trigger driver asserts.
- Vulkan: Some pipeline configurations may cause vkCreateGraphicsPipeline() to crash.
The download link is now listed on the Android Developers site, so go and get it there if you must. Here’s a story containing some of the new features on the preview. Instructions on the installation process can be seen at the Android Developers site linked above.
Source: Ian Lake (Google+)