For those of you who have only been able to read about virtual reality tech, now’s your chance to experience it for real!
The HTC Vive has already begun shipping to buyers, and now you can get a live demo in stores. Currently, you can test run the HTC Vive at select Microsoft stores including the one on Fifth Avenue in New York City, Bellevue Square Mall in Washington, and at the City Creek Center in Salt Lake City Utah.
Microsoft also plans to open-up additional stores for Vive demonstrations later this month. This includes various locations such as:
- Sydney, Westfield Sydney in Pitt Street Mall
- Scottsdale, Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Mission Viejo, The Shop at Mission Viejo
- Lone Tree, Park Meadows Mall
- Austin, The Domain
- Huntington Station, Walt Whitman Shops
- Cincinnati, Kenwood Towne Centre
- Orlando, Mall at Millenia
- Troy, The Somerset Collection
- Dallas, North Park Center
- Tampa, International Plaza
- King of Prussia, King of Prussia Mall
There you’ll be able to get a peek at what HTC’s Vive headset has to offer. Employees will be on hand to answer any questions about the headset and take orders if want to purchase one on the spot. The only requirement by Microsoft is that you’re 18 years of age or older.
Starting April 16th, select GameStop retail locations will offer the same service. Here’s a look at all the GameStop locations that will offer the test runs:
- Plano, TX: Preston Road,
- New York, NY: Broadway at 85th
- Latham, NY: Latham Farms
- Bellvue, WA: Bellevue Square
- Hillsboro, OR: Tanasbourne Town Center
- Chicago, IL: The Brickyard Shopping Center
- Orlando, FL: Hunters Creek
- Brandon, FL: Lake Brandon Shoppes
- West Hollywood, CA: West Hollywood Gateway
- Gulfport, MS: Gulfport Plaza
Be sure to let us know how your experience was in the comments!