The official T-Mobile G1 announcement event just came to a close in New York and it certainly didn’t disappoint. Here’s a rundown of the facts and features for the upcoming G1.
G1 Pricing and Release Date
The G1 will launch in the US on October 22nd and will be priced at $179. The G1 will be ties into a two-year contract with T-Mobile.
The G1 will launch across the UK in early November with Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and the Netherlands expecting a launch date in Q1 of 2009.
Android G1 Intro Video
- Downloads from the Android Market (T-Mobile download store) will be free to G1 owners for 90 days after their purchase.
- Existing T-Mobile users can place their orders online today!
- T-Mobile to offer two data plans, these include $25 with unlimited data with some messaging allowance or $35 with unlimited data and messaging.
- The G1 will be sim-loced to T-Mobile
- The G1 will not support Exchange but can read word, pdf and excel filetypes.
- The G1 will be available outside 3G markets although the best experience will be via Wi-Fi or 3G.
- The G1 will not feature a desktop sync but will sync online with Gmail, Yahoo!, Microsoft and AOL mail syncs.
- No Skype support.
We’ll keep you updated on the latest Android media and news to come from the event, for the latest Android discussion head on over to our Androd forums.