It’s only a couple of days since Sony tweeted that “something golden is sparkling on the horizon“, and here it is, the waterproof Xperia M5 with its 5-inch full HD display, 21MP rear camera and 13MP selfie camera. We have the specifications and more images after the break.
Unlike today’s other arrival, the C5 Ultra, the Xperia M5 runs on the latest silicon as well as being more comfortable to hold. Something that both handsets feature is Sony’s OmniBalance design language. Let’s see what else the Xperia M5 has to offer.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 5-Inch Full-HD display (1920 x 1080)
- MediaTek MT6795 Helio X10 Octa-core processor @ 2.GHz (64-bit)
- IMG Rogue G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB Internal storage
- MicroSD card support (up to 200GB)
- 21MP Rear camera (Exmor RS) with Hybrid Auto-Focus, 4K recording, LED flash and f/2.2 aperture.
- 13MP Front camera (Exmor RS) with Auto-Focus
- Networks: GSM, UMTS, LTE (depends on market)
- IP68/IP65 certified: Waterproof and dust tight
- Dimensions: 145 x 72 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 142.5 grams
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- Available in gold, black or white
While it carries a smaller display than the 6-inch C5 Ultra, the Xperia M5 more than makes up for it by using the latest MediaTek processor, a camera sensor with 21MP as well as being both waterproof and dust tight. Other than being aimed at the emerging markets, it’s unknown where exactly the Xperia M5 will be launched or how much it will sell for.
What do you think of the super mid-range (Sony’s words) Xperia M5? Is it the one for you or are you waiting to see what the Xperia Z5 will bring to the table in September?