Sony’s C5 Ultra has been to subject of a few leaks in recent times, and now the MediaTek powered device with super-thin bezels and twin 13MP cameras (front and rear) has been officially outed. We have more images and specifications after the break.
I mentioned that the C5 Ultra has super-thin bezels, and there’s a reason; it’s sporting a large 6-inch display with full HD resolution. While it isn’t running on the latest silicon, Sony claims that the C5 Ultra will last 2 days, and play 8 hours worth of video before giving up the ghost. Let’s have a look at what else the C5 Ultra has to offer.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 6-Inch Full HD IPS display (1920 x 1080)
- MediaTek MTK6752 Octa-core processor @ 1.7GHz (64-bit)
- ARM Mali760 MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal storage
- MicroSD card support (up to 200GB)
- 13MP Front facing camera (Sony Exmor RS sensor) with LED flash, 25mm wide-angle lens
- 13MP Front-facing camera (Sony Exmor sensor) with Selfie flash, 22mm wide-angle lens with 88-degree FOV
- Networks: GSM, UMTS, LTE (depends on market)
- Available in single and dual-SIM variants
- Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi, NFC
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 79.6 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 187 grams
- Battery: 2,930mAh
- Available in white, black and soft mint
While the C5 Ultra is a little taller (+-5mm) than the Nexus 6 that also features a 6-inch display, it is 3mm narrower and 2mm thinner. Make no mistake about it, though, the C5 Ultra is still a big phone, despite those super-thin bezels. What it does have is a whopping 13MP front camera with a wide-angle lens for taking those selfies.
At present, Sony hasn’t revealed any details regarding price, nor any specifics about availability other than emerging markets. Is the Xperia C5 Ultra the phone for you? Or, like me, are you still waiting in vain for Sony to launch a proper successor to the Xperia Z Ultra?