Google I/O is only two weeks away so it’s time to start planning your schedule whether you will be there in person or not. The official mobile app is just the thing you need to get that done and it’s now live on Google Play.
Not only will you be able to see the full schedule, but it also includes a video library from past I/O events. Based on whether you will be attending in-person or not, the app will show you relevant content. For example, if you’re on site, you will be able to view the venue map and your WiFi will already be configured by the time you arrive at Mascone West.
As always, the app integrates with your Google calendar so your schedule can be viewed along with your personal stuff. Plus you will also be able to see all the social interaction via Google+ and Twitter while the conference is taking place.
New this year is the Explore screen that aggregates content in Google Now-like cards, and of course, let’s not forget that it complies with the new Material Design guidelines.
Here’s the full rundown of all the features…..
- Explore the conference agenda, with details on themes, topics and speakers
- Add events to a personalized schedule
- Get reminders before events in “My schedule” start
- Watch the keynote and sessions live stream
- Sync your schedule between all of your devices and the I/O website
- Guide yourself using the vector-based conference map
- Follow public social I/O related conversations on Google+ and Twitter
- See I/O content from previous years in the Video screen
- Use the Widget to check your upcoming events directly from your home screen
- Take advantage of facilitated pre-event WiFi configuration (in-person attendees only)
The Google I/O 2015 app works on both phones and tablets and syncs with the web app. The update is rolling out in stages so it could take as much as 24 hours for everyone to see it.