When LG announced the new LG G3, one of the features that received a lot of praise was the new Smart Keyboard. Even though the G3 is still in the early stages of its global rollout, LG already has an update ready for the Smart Keyboard to make it even better.
The LG Smart Keyboard already had the ability to analyze typing habits to help reduce mistakes. The new update takes things a step further by making connections to apps and context as well as emojis. According to LG, the new update includes:
- Emoji suggestions – if a user types a word like “love” the keyboard will include the heart emoji as a recommendation.
- Application-based Text Tone suggestions – the keyboard will learn what words a users typically uses in different applications and make recommendations using that information. For instance, the keyboard will learn how a user likes to start off emails and suggests that as soon as the user starts to type an email.
- Next Word suggestions – LG says they have improved the algorithms that analyze a user’s style and makes suggestions for next words.
- Bilingual Word suggestions – the keyboard will automatically detect and change to the correct language based on what a user is typing.
- Real-time Path Input – this is LG’s take on tracing words on the keyboard versus tapping them out.
The Smart Keyboard update will be rolling out this month to LG G3 owners.