Wireless sync is one of the holy grails of music management, so when we discovered a new way to achieve this feat, you can bet we gave it a whirl. iSyncr by JRT Studios is a 2-part app, one that runs on your Android device and another that runs on your Windows or Mac. It syncs with your iTunes library over USB cable initially. To sync over wifi you’ll need to grab the wireless add-on which currently only works with Windows.
To get started all you have to do is download and install the appropriate app on your phone, plug your phone into your PC, and mount your SD card and navigate to the iSyncr folder and install the PC client. Once up and running, pick the playlists you want to sync and let it run. Pretty simple setup and with the wifi feature, you can now have a hassle-free music sync and always have your favorite tracks ready to go. See a more detailed step-by-step tuturial and grab the appropriate QR after the jump.
- Download iSyncr from the Android Market or SlideME Market
- Run iSyncr on your Android phone
- Walk through the tutorial
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable
- Find your phone’s storage as a removable drive
- Run iSyncr
- Select some playlists
- Optionally remove previous music that iSyncr has put on your phone
- Press Sync and let it run!
- Eject your removable drive
- Unplug your phone
- Start at step 4 from now on
iSyncr costs $2.99 and $0.99 for the wireless addon. There are free versions as well if you’d like to try it before you buy it, but only syncs 20 tracks at a time.