We’ve known about the Google Play Edition Galaxy S 4 for a while now, but had pretty much assumed at this point that it would launch with Android 4.2.2… up until now. SamMobile has received the firmware for Android 4.3 to the Google Play Edition Galaxy S 4 and has since placed the file on their site— and it’s completely stock. Android 4.3 has only a few minor improvements over Android 4.2.2, but keep in mind, all of this is coming before Google even announces the new version of their mobile OS.
We (and SamMobile) advise you not to install this firmware to your standard Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/GT-I9500) as you might brick your device. If and when we receive firmware for other versions of the device (and other devices), we will let you know. For now, this firmware is ONLY for developers.
So for all you developers out there, the information (and files) from SamMobile you’ll need to get the firmware is after the break.
– This is not flashable through Odin.
– This will void your warranty.
– Don’t attempt this if you don’t have the skills to flash a custom ROM
– You are doing this on your own risk
– This version is 100% original, we have made zero changes to it
Android version: 4.3
Build ID: JWR66N
Build Date: 26 June 2013
– Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
– Custom Recovery
– Copy Google Play Edition ROM to your internal SD Card
– Enter Recovery (Power + Volume Up + Home)
– Do a Wipe/Factory Reset (Necessary due to new Android version)
– Flash Google Play Edition ROM
– Reboot your device!
Download: (Choose either one)