It is always fun to play the real or fake game when it comes to leaked images of Android devices, especially when the image may be the first one to surface. So muster up your skepticism and consider the image above that purports to be a prototype of an LG Nexus 5. The anonymous source of the image claims this particular LG device is one of several that Google is considering for their next Nexus smartphone. The source also provided a list of specs and hardware for the device, codenamed “Megalodon”:
- 5.2″ OLED Display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
- 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
- 2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
Readers may note that a few of the items are not even on the market yet, like the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or their RF360 chip. According to the source, the new device will be released in October 2013, so it is conceivable some of this hardware could be part of the new device.
What do you think? Is this legit or a case of someone trying to hoax the Internet?
source: Android and Me