After announcing that its Transformer Prime and Transformer Pad Infinity tablets would be receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, ASUS has finally revealed the long-awaited details. In a post on the company’s Campus Life blog, ASUS released the official changelog for the update, detailing the specific changes that will be made. Furthermore, the manufacturer has given us a time table for when we can expect the updates to roll out. For the full low-down, jump past the break.
The long wait is over! We are happy to announce that we will be updating the ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201) and the ASUS Transformer PAD Infinity (TF700).
Android Jelly Bean update will begin rolling out in the US on September 27th, 2012 for the TF201 and on September 28th, 2012 for the TF700. Here are a summary of the changes and fixes:
- Upgrade OS from Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Default enable System Bar Lock
- Add Multiple Photo Selection feature
- Support Connect Dock (Accessory)
- Remove Adobe Flash support
- Remove Wi-Fi Direct function support
- Remove Press Reader*