It looks like the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is finally getting some Jelly Bean love. Not only has Verizon posted the changelog on their site, but we received a few emails from readers saying they already got the update. The build is JR003O and has a file size of 146.6MB. We actually saw this build last month, but we weren’t sure if it was going to be the final build at that time.
Once the update takes place, you will be able to enjoy Google Now, Google’s new enhanced Voice Search, new Notification panel actions, and a smarter keyboard.
So far it’s not available to me, but I need to check again when I get back to a WiFi connection. To manually check to see if it’s available to you, just go to Settings/About Phone/System Updates. Please let us know if you were able to grab the update in the comments below.
Hit the break for additional changelog information
Additional Jelly Bean Enhancements
- Move between home screens with more intuitive graphics and silky-smooth transitions.
- More reactive and uniform touch responses.
- Personalize your home screen easily by placing widgets directly on the screen.
- Widgets now resize automatically when they are too big.
- Swipe over from camera to filmstrip view photos you just took, and quickly swipe away the ones you don’t like.
- When Talkback is enabled, the “Explore by Touch tutorial” will be enabled.
- When Talkback is “On”, new screen gesture “shortcuts” will be enabled.
- Easily share your photos and videos with other NFC capable devices running Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, with just a simple tap, in addition to sharing contacts, web pages, YouTube videos, directions, and apps.
Stability and Performance Improvements
- Users can now choose if pressing the power key will lock the device or not.
- Proper structure order for folders within email in now available.
- MMS messages sent to an Outlook E-mail address now have a file extension allowing the image to be opened.
- Added Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) support.
- Device is now updated with support for IPv6 web sites. Browse and view all the latest web pages with this internet enhancement.