Some of you might already be familiar with the PC classic trilogy, The Bard’s Tale. Well in inXile Entertainment just released a mobile version in the Google Play Store and the NVIDIA TegraZone. It just might be the funniest game you will ever play. It might also be the largest in terms of file size to date because the HD version will set you back 3.5GB (1.7GB for non HD version). That’s pretty hefty, but not surprising since the game includes over 20-30 hours of gameplay.
It’s a fantasy RPG, and you play Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. There’s something else about Bard that’s interesting and it’s the fact that he has the ability to cast spells by singing songs. You will encounter all kinds of enemies to fight, but this game throws some bonuses like a lot of cleavage and when was the last time you saw a zombie dance off?
- 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
- Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
- Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
- More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
- Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
The Bard’s Tale was already available on iOS, but the Android version gets these new additions:
- Leaderboards—for accumulated Silver and Experience!
- Achievements—over 50 spread throughout the game!
- Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
- Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
- Includes the original classic game The Bard’s Tale I: Tales of the Unknown! 2 & 3 coming soon!
The Bard’s tale is priced at $5.95 and works on devices running Android 2.3 and higher. As I mentioned above, the original PC game was a trilogy and with this download, you actually get the original The Bard’s Tale I: Tales of the Unknown. You will also get The Bard’s Tale II: The Destiny Knight and The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate at a later date for Free.
Check out the overview video and hit one of the download links below to get started.