For the third time in less than a month, Sprint is rolling out an update for the Samsung Galaxy S III phone. The last two updates consisted of security updates and another security update is included in this latest round. According to Sprint, this update also includes or addresses:
- KI – Touch Wiz home has stopped
- Single picture MMS no longer displayed as slideshow
- Optimized LTE system selection
- Enhanced Smart Stay function
- Enhanced Voice recognition algorithm
- All-Share Cast (All-share accessory hub) support
- Music Hub support
This particular update is version L710VPLG4. To check the version currently on your Galaxy S III:
- Press Home > Menu
- Tap Settings
- Scroll up and tap About Device
- Scroll up. Software version is displayed under Baseband Version.
If you haven’t received the update yet, be patient. It will surely be arriving on your device in the next few days.