It used to be called the Galaxy Nexus Root toolkit, but with version 1.5, it’s now called the Nexus Root Toolkit because it supports all Nexus devices, including the Nexus 7. WugFresh is famous for giving us the quick and easy way to unlock and root the Galaxy Nexus as well as flash it back to stock and re-lock it. There really couldn’t be anything simpler, although we do encourage you to go about things the manual way, which isn’t all the much harder.
Nonetheless, we understand that some of you might be a little nervous and that’s where the Nexus Root Toolkit comes in. It can even flash zips, install apps, restore android backup files, and flash/boot img files with just a double click. This new version now supports all Nexus devices. Hit the break for instructions and download links.
- Download the file from the link below
- Install it to the default location
- When it launches select your model type
- Configure your drivers using the guide.
- Backup your data > Unlock > Root > Enjoy!
- Try out any of the buttons, they all have introduction messages.
- To access the help file just hit F1 or use the pull down menu at the top.
- Galaxy Nexus: GSM Models (both yakju and non-yakju builds)
- Galaxy Nexus: CDMA/LTE Verizon Models
- Galaxy Nexus: CDMA/LTE Sprint Models
- Nexus S: Worldwide, i9020t and i9023 Models
- Nexus S: 850MHz, i9020a Models
- Nexus S: Korea, m200 Models
- Nexus S 4G: d720 Models
- Nexus 7: Asus Tablet