TouchType LTD launched SwiftKey Beta a few months ago with the plans of a major upgrade to what is already one of the best third party keyboards for Android. After months of testing and input from users, it’s now out of beta and they say its the “best keyboard we’ve ever made” because is learns how you think and types what you mean. The beta was with their VIP forum community and it started with 30,000 users. Over the period it grew to 65,000, which proves how popular SwiftKey really is.
To celebrate their efforts, it will be on sale starting today for one week at $1.99, which is a 50% savings. There’s absolutely no reason to give this one a try. Trust me you won’t be disappointed. Hit the break for the full list of enhancements.
- Smart Space – adding to SwiftKey’s already cutting edge correction, Smart Space detects mistyped or omitted spaces across strings of sloppily typed words in real-time.
- Two new themes – a new theme, ‘Cobalt’, to match SwiftKey’s new look and feel, and an Ice Cream Sandwich-styled ‘Holo’ theme, as voted for by SwiftKey’s VIP community.
- An enhanced UI – a much larger space bar and smart punctuation key help improve accuracy and make it quick and easy to access common punctuation.
- Additional languages – SwiftKey 3 now offers support for an additional seven languages, bringing the total up to 42. The new languages are Korean, Estonian, Farsi, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian and Serbian.
- A dedicated comma key, and the <123> key in the bottom-left corner.
- Refined the Smart Punctuation pop-up for better, easier use.
- Improved Smart Space functionality for easier email addresses and URL entry.
- Reduced lag on some devices for a more responsive experience.
- Reintroduced the long-press duration setting by popular request.
- Further improved prediction algorithms for even more accurate next word suggestions.
- Updated gestures for easier shortcuts.
TouchType also announced SwiftyKey Healthcare which is a bespoke product for doctors, nurses and other health professionals. With SwiftyKey Healthcare, they can take faster and more accurate notes on their tablets. TouchType already signed deals with four companies and another dozen are in trials. Stats show that clinicians were able to cut their typing down by 50%.