Back on May 2nd, we told you about the fact that Android 4.0 testing for the Sensation 4G was complete and that the update would be coming “very soon.” Well it appears that this is actually the case as updated documents on T-Mobile‘s web site show that it should be arriving no later than May 16th. The document had this to say:
“Beginning May 16, an optional update will be available for the Sensation 4G to update to the latest operating system, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). You can choose to download the update to Android 4.0.3 by following the software update steps.”
While it does say optional, you’d have to be out of your mind to not want Google’s newest flavor of Android. Besides Android 4.0.3 and Sense 3.6 you can look forward to the following:
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
- Manual update
- Device is running Android version 2.3.3 / Software version 1.50.531.1, 1.29.531.2, or 1.45.531.1
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection