A software update is now available for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. This latest version (4.0.2.E.0.57) brings many enhancements. Your device will be upgrading to Gingerbread 2.3.4, receiving some camera improvements, resolving a charging issue and more. Along with these fixes, on the downside you’ll also be getting a little more bloat, such as VZ Navigator updates, and Verizon Wireless Video on Demand. Guess you have to take the good with the not so good? See more details on the latest version below:
- Verizon Wireless Video on Demand now comes preloaded.
- Improved user experience and new delivery method of preloaded games.
- When connected via Bluetooth®, the Music Player now supports Fast Forward and Rewind.
- VZ Navigator® has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
- Upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.4 operating system.
- A long-press of the power button will successfully capture a screen shot.
- Charging issues forcing device to remain in landscape mode have been resolved.
- Recommended contacts now populate correctly when using the dialpad.
- Camera Improvements: Right trigger successfully captures a picture / Record video in 720p with continuous auto-focus.
- Device is now enabled with the Wireless Emergency Alerting System.
- Mobile Hotspot ID broadcast can be turned off to increase security
So if you’re ready to upgrade, and are into waiting for that notification icon alerting you, you can manually check for version 4.0.2.E.0.57. From the main screen do the following: Menu > Settings > Software Update > Update Now >Check for Updates.