Ladies and yes, some gentlemen, who own an HTC Rhyme will be happy to know that there’s a software update. Unfortunately it’s not Ice Cream Sandwich, and I doubt the Rhyme will ever see ICS, but nevertheless, who’s going to turn down some extra enhancements?
Hit the break for the full change log:
- “Ringtones” has been replaced with “Edit Home” when the Menu key is pressed on the home screen.
- Updated signal strength meter to 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI).
- Mobile networks no longer disabled when using Power Saver.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
Device Dock Features
- Default applications in Dock Mode have been changed to “Phone” and “Calendar”.
- In-call volume control has been added to Dock Mode.
- “All Apps” option has been added to Dock Mode.
- Resolved issue of dock volume changing to 20%.
Applications & Widgets
- Device displays available music on the device and provides an option to purchase ringtones from the MOD application when a user is attempting to set a new ringtone through a prepopulated list.
- Mail shortcut now shows unread mail count.